Monday, January 20, 2020
Corporate Disobedience
Activists like to talk about "Civil Disobedience" and "shutting it down." Censorship on social media, divestment from financial institutions...we have ample opportunities to stop participating in activities that harm us and the planet...but we can't even muster that. How many people say "I know Facebook censors stuff...but omg I how will I get pictures from my family"...what chance is there at mass civil disobedience when people today can't even be slightly inconvenienced and do some slight Corporate Disobedience? We aren't serious, and we're getting the world we allow.
Featured Post
Organize Not Occupy
We just had the anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street Movement, and everyone involved in the original movement says the same thing... It f...
Popular
-
I feel like I'm in an Uber and the driver is talking to me instead of paying attention to the road... and I'm like "you almost ...
-
If you are reading this, you are probably old enough to have "seen" the end of the Great Barrier Reef. No really, think about it.....
-
I was watching a tv series called "The Sandman" about a familial pantheon of godlike figures, and in one scene one of the "go...