Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cries From The Congo?

    I think all the "comfortable" people of the world know in their hearts that they are living well at the expense of others.  Being a tech buff myself, the problems in the Congo with Apple, Nokia, Samsung, etc., plundering their natural resources really hit a nerve in me.  How easy is it to play with our mobile phone and gadgets and smile to ourselves, believing we are connected to the world...when in reality we are so disconnected from our world and are far removed from any form of sanity.  We need to wake up and understand that the way we are living is WRONG.
    The most remarkable thing about this story is the fact that we here in the US hear very little about these issues in the media...that's a shame.  Everyday I read a piece of news...and wonder if it's being fed to me...and wonder what other pieces of news I am NOT getting.

More information about this problem here:
Genocide In The Congo

Featured Post

Corrupts Absolutely

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” -  Upton Sinclair The truth abo...

Popular