Friday, February 3, 2012

Let It Go?

    I was out with some friends the other night, and as you might expect they began to banter about "hot chicks" and the "nature" of various minorities.  Had I not been reading so much about social change recently...perhaps I could just say "whatever, they are just relaxing and socializing."  However, this was not my reaction...I was highly offended and I began to wonder if I was being too strict or whether I was actually witnessing really destructive behavior.
     I have since decided that it was indeed destructive behavior but we have been conditioned to believe that that's just "how it is."  We can all "go with the flow" or we can put ourselves out in the line of fire and make people recognize when they are being less than humane.  Take these great quotes with you as you decide whether you need to be getting more or less upset:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

"We must become the change we want to see in the world." - Mohandas Gandhi

Featured Post

Corrupts Absolutely

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” -  Upton Sinclair The truth abo...

Popular