Sunday, September 22, 2019

Richard Stallman

Stallman has always had a very nuanced and intelligent morality. He is an eccentric for sure, but I am sad to see him ousted from MIT and the FSF. Misogyny is very common in the tech world but in Stallman's case, I'm inclined to think his statements are the result of him being on the spectrum, and less that he has a hatred for women leaking out of him. I must admit, I am a bit biased, his creation of the Copyleft was nothing less than brilliant and bold, his leadership in the GNU project has shifted the paradigm of open ideas and software freedom, and nobody wants to see their heroes fall. For someone who has given the world so much, I really hope these actions were carefully considered, he deserves nothing less.

Featured Post

Corrupts Absolutely

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” -  Upton Sinclair The truth abo...

Popular