Wednesday, September 18, 2019
The Paper Straw
Recently, I keep hearing that "paper straws are a distraction," etc. Well, yes and no...yes we do need to push for more radical actions to preserve the environment and stop climate destabilization, but the "single-use plastic" paradigm is VERY much at the heart of our problem. The world is disposable to this culture...and plastic is almost entirely made with petroleum products...so in a way, paper straws represents a good first step forward. Stop nit-picking, every step forward is a step forward, keep pushing for "everything at once" as Bill Nye says.
Featured Post
Organize Not Occupy
We just had the anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street Movement, and everyone involved in the original movement says the same thing... It f...
Popular
-
I feel like I'm in an Uber and the driver is talking to me instead of paying attention to the road... and I'm like "you almost ...
-
If you are reading this, you are probably old enough to have "seen" the end of the Great Barrier Reef. No really, think about it.....
-
I was watching a tv series called "The Sandman" about a familial pantheon of godlike figures, and in one scene one of the "go...